January 22, 2019
Through January 30, the library is hosting an interdisciplinary traveling exhibit entitled “Text and Textiles,” composed of 11 collaborations between poets and artists. The pairs were determined by the poet laureate of NH, Alice B. Fogel, and the Women’s Caucus for Art NH Chapter. The term “textiles” is being very loosely applied as the artists involved were free to do work in any medium.
To learn about the work and hear the poetry read aloud, come to the library on January 27 from 3 pm to 4:30 pm for a free presentation.
Poets and collaborating artists exhibiting are:
- Kyle Potvin and Brenda Wilbert
- Ala Khaki and Debra Claffey
- Mark deCarteret and Donna Catanzaro
- Marnie Cobbs and Kristen Weyrick-Scott
- S Stephanie and Linda Basha Brookshire
- Alice Fogel and Mary Cornog
- Todd Hearon and Maryellen Sakura
- Emma Breslow and Shawna Gibbs
- Patrice Pinette and Soosen Dunholter
- Candace Bergstrom and Susan Rock
- Henry Walters and Linda Greenwood
- Kate Dean and Kate Higley
The Women’s Caucus for Art is a national organization formed in 1972 with the mission to create community through art, education, and social activism. The NH Chapter is one of the most active in the nation with an annual membership of over a hundred artists from around the state.