The Hunt Memorial Building, the former public library, was
built with a $50,000 gift by Mary A. and Mary E. Hunt, the wife and daughter of John. M. Hunt, a local businessman and postmaster. The architect was Ralph Adams Cram, a New Hampshire native and a principal in the firm of Cram, Ferguson and Goodhue of Boston. The building was designed in the Gothic Romantic style and opened to the public in 1903.
In 1970 the building was vacated when the library moved to
it's present location on Court Street. It then housed the
offices of the Nashua School Department until 1991. The
building is on the National Register of Historical Places and is now managed by a Board of Trustees selected by the Mayor and confirmed by the Board of Alderman.