An online library of interactive picture books and chapter books that can be used on a computer or iPad. This is a fun way to learn to read and build your vocabulary.
Reading aloud to young children is the best way to get them ready to read on their own. That’s why the library challenges you to read 1000 Books Before Kindergarten together.
Need help choosing books for your kids? Let Children's Librarian Kathy Bolton zero in on the right books for your child. Just fill out a short form and she'll send you five recommendations.
The Children’s Department is your child’s library home, from infancy all the way through elementary school. In addition to board books, picture books, and chapter books, we have:
- A play area with toys
- Cuddle Corner
- Baby Storytimes
- iPads loaded with educational apps
- Nabi tablets you can borrow
- Storytimes and puppet shows almost every day
- Audiobooks and music CDs
- Books in French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and Russian
- A parenting section
- Activities, crafts, and programs for every season