Beyond the Book
In 2009, the Friends introduced a program to enhance the city’s Nashua Reads program with Beyond the Book, a presentation by the author of each year’s book. In 2020, the Nashua Reads book was Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. He held a virtual event for the Nashua Public Library on October 11, 2020. You can watch a recording of the event here.
We will announce the 2021 book in the spring. Stay tuned!
Past authors are:
- 2020: Jamie Ford, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
- 2019: Martha Hall Kelly, Lilac Girls
- 2018: David Grann, Killers of the Flower Moon
- 2017: Jennifer Haigh, Heat and Light
- 2016: Jenny Nordberg, The Underground Girls of Kabul
- 2015: Lily King, Euphoria
- 2014: B.A. Shapiro, The Art Forger
- 2013: Julia Glass, The Widower’s Tale
- 2012: Jane Hamilton, When Madeline Was Young
- 2011: James McBride, Song Yet Sung
- 2010: Elizabeth Berg, We Are All Welcome Here
- 2009: Chris Bohjalian, Skeletons at the Feast