Meeting Room Policy
Meeting Room Policies and Procedures
These meeting room use policies and procedures were adopted by the Board of Trustees on 02/28/17.
If your group meets our eligibility guidelines below you can go online to reserve one of the large meeting rooms, or do so in person at the desk in the Chandler wing. Our small meeting rooms currently can only be reserved in person or on the phone. If you have any questions about the rooms, our policies or reservation procedures please give us a call at 589-4603.
Library programs and activities have absolute priority over all other uses and are not covered under these policies and procedures.
Eligibility for rooms Large Meeting, Medium Meeting, Activity Room, Conference, Training Room and NPL Theater :
These meeting rooms at the Nashua Public Library are available free of charge to any non-profit or governmental entities for meetings or programs of an educational, cultural, charitable or civic nature during library hours. Profit-making entities are not permitted to use these meeting rooms. Programs involving the sale, advertising or
promotion of commercial products or services, or programs sponsored by a business firm are prohibited even if they are free and open to the public. This includes groups offering free introductory lectures prior to a paid course of instruction. Nonprofit groups may engage a speaker from a business as long as the speaker and the nonprofit group do not sell, advertise, or promote commercial products or services during their program/meeting. Please call 589-4603 to reserve the computer training room, the other rooms may be booked in person or online at www.nashualibrary.org/visit/meeting-rooms.
Eligibility for rooms Small Meeting #1 and Small Meeting #2:
These rooms are available for use by small groups and individuals regardless of whether they are for-profit or nonprofit. The rooms can be reserved up to 3 days in advance: groups or individuals using the study rooms are limited to 2 hours per day. The study rooms can only be reserved via telephone at 589-4603 or in person.
Meeting Room Policies:
Groups using our meeting spaces agree to follow the following rules. Exceptions to these can only be made by the Library Administration (Director or Assistant Director).
• Groups/Individuals will adhere to the Library Code of Conduct which is available online and in the Administration office.
• Food is not allowed in the library’s meeting rooms except, with advance arrangements, in the Activity Room.
• Drinks with a secure cover are permitted in the library’s meeting rooms.
• Payment of dues, admission fees or donations as a condition of attending a meeting is prohibited. All activities must be confined to the meeting room. Approaching library customers for the purpose of encouraging participation in the group’s activities is prohibited. Fliers, brochures or other printed information should remain in the meeting room.
• Permission to use a library meeting room does not constitute endorsement of a group’s philosophy or objectives by the Nashua Public Library. Display advertisements and posters for meetings or programs must not state or imply that an event is endorsed or sponsored by the library. All such posters or flyers are subject to review by the library administration and must be submitted to the Chandler Wing desk to be approved and posted on the library’s bulletin boards by library staff.
• No signs are permitted on the library grounds except up to two directional signs with the name of the meeting and location may be hung in the building. Such signs must be typed and must be removed at the end of the meeting.
• Any damage to or loss of library property resulting from a meeting or program will be the responsibility of the organization that booked the room.
• Groups are responsible for setting up chairs and tables if necessary and returning them to their original location after the meeting.
• All meeting rooms should be left in a clean and orderly condition. If food is served (allowed with advance arrangements in the Activity Room only) the group must sweep or vacuum the floor and wipe down all tables and counters after the meeting.
• Internet access is available in all of the meeting and study rooms.
• Printing to our public printers is available from anywhere in the building. Charges do apply.
• If, in the opinion of the Library Director, the presence of a police officer is necessary or advisable the group using the library meeting space will hire one or more at their own expense.
• The library should be informed of cancellations as soon as possible.
• The library reserves the right to relocate a group to the room most suited for its size and function.
• In case of circumstances beyond our control (e.g., inclement weather or loss of power) the library reserves the right to cancel any meeting, event or program.
• Reserving a meeting room will be considered a group’s understanding of and agreement to follow these rules and regulations.
• Reservations may be forfeited if a group/individual does not arrive within 15 minutes
of reservation start time.
Additional policies for computer training room:
Prior approval by Library Administration is required for installation of software on
computers in the Training Room. Installation must be done by library staff.