The Library is a forum for ideas and a source of information for the enrichment of the entire Nashua community.
The Library serves our community by providing access to resources for information, inspiration and enrichment.
The Library – its Board of Trustees, staff and volunteers – is committed to the following values:
- We value the library as a public forum: it is a community facility for open communication of ideas and information; its collection, displays, programs and services reflect an array of opinions and viewpoints.
- We value the community by actively participating in it and endeavoring to enhance the quality of its life.
- We value full and equal access to information, the building, its services and its programs.
- We value the collection of and accessibility to information in up-to-date, existing, and emerging formats: print, electronic, audio and video.
- We value our customers by responding to them with equal, respectful, accurate and friendly service in a safe environment.
- We value the many contributions we receive each year from Friends, volunteers and donors and we endeavor to respect the wishes of all who leave bequests.
- We value reading and learning and promote both for all ages.
- We value the privacy of our users by keeping their transactions strictly confidential.