Social Impact Programs & Partnerships
A connected community begins with us, which is why we work closely with community leaders and organizations to bring impactful services and resources to the library.
From low-cost immunizations to free services like tax help, you can turn to us for important social needs.
Continuing Programs and Partnerships
The library has long-standing relationships with dozens of local community groups to deliver critical services for underserved communities at the library.
2023 Strategic Partnerships
In the fiscal year 2023, the library partnered with over 50 local and national organizations to provide free, high-quality programming, both within the library and in the community. Thank you to all of our partners who donated their time and expertise to lead these programs.
Our Children's Librarians worked closely with Dr. Crisp staff to secure this competitive grant, which provides the school with frequent author visits, special programs, and ten free books for each student as just part of the program. Both Dr. Crisp and our library also received $1,000 to purchase new books.
Marguerite’s Place Play and Learn Workshops
Library staff facilitated on-site parent/child workshops at Marguerite's Place, which provides transitional housing for women and children.
Seed Library Partnerships
In March of 2023, the library opened a free seed library thanks to the help of Moose Mountain Seed Savers and the University of New Hampshire Extension Master Gardeners.
City of Nashua Community Development/Energy Committee
This spring, library staff partnered with Nashua's Community Development department to create the city's first Sustainability Fair, which brought together over a dozen local groups working in the area of sustainability.
Other FY 2023 Partnerships Included
- Humane Society for Greater Nashua
- Understanding Your Cat with Dr. Rachel Gellar
- Nashua River Watershed Association
- Jr. River Scientists Camp
- Nashua Police Department
- Meet K9 Ellie, the tracking and therapy dog | Babysitting Course speakers
- Xploration, ALC
- Laser lights
- Bridges: Domestic and Sexual Violence Support
- Art Therapy program
- Nashua Community Music School
- Music of the World Jr. and Music of the World
- Symphony NH
- Indian and Persian Composers Concert with sensory-friendly room
- Nashua Chamber Orchestra
- Family Concert
- Cambridge Trust
- Exploring Home Ownership
- Rivier Institute for Senior Education (RISE)
- This Chair Rocks | Outreach Presentation
- Nashua Division of Public Health & Community Services
- Gizmo's Guide to Mental Health Reading
- Relentless Dragon
- D&D One-Shot
- 603 Legal Aid
- Tax Basics Workshop | Self-Employment Taxes Workshop
- Home Health & Hospice Care
- Death and Dying Conversation Series
- Morneau Law
- Estate Planning 101 Workshops
- Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce
- Libraries Build Business Workshop
- Positive Street Art
- Call for Artists for Welcoming Week Library Card Design Contest
- Project HEAL
- Eating Disorder Awareness Workshop
- Vibrations Sound Bath Studio
- Sound Bath Meditation
- Mola Foods
- Taste of Africa
- Grow Nashua
- Strawberry Season in NH
- Know Your Rights! Workshop on Being Stopped by Police
- The Brian S. McCarthy Foundation
- Science Goes to the Movies series
- Merrimack Valley Flute Choir
- Family Concert
- Balin Books
- Indie Author Fest | Nashua Reads