Our mission is to enrich our community by being a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment to discover, connect, create, and grow.
Address: 2 Court Street, Nashua, NH 03060
Since 1867, the Nashua Public Library has provided free and equitable access to materials, resources, and entertainment. The library continues to grow and evolve with the best of 21st-century library programming, technology, and services to meet the community's needs.
Our 2022-2023 Impact
For the fiscal year 2023, we served:
- Over 187,000 visitors
- 51,000 active library cardholders
- Circulated more than 350,000 materials
- Answered almost 18,000 reference questions
- Provided 2,500 meeting room uses
- Hosted almost 700 free programs for customers of all ages
The library also responded to community needs with innovative new services, programs, and spaces, including:
- Renovating the Children's Room to create better separation between age groups and have more comfortable furniture for all ages.
- Launching an initiative to support the neurodiverse community, which resulted in sensory-friendly rooms at Chandler Wing events, sensory-friendly kits, a Welcoming Guide, and the Neurodiversity Nashua club.
- Eliminating fines for overdue materials.
- Opening up a Seed Library.
- Creating a permanent Puzzle Exchange.
"We love NPL! As a homeschooling family, this library has been an invaluable resource to us. The staff in the Children’s Room are always so helpful to me and my children when we are looking for something in particular or just wanting resources for learning something new. I also love that we can search, reserve, and renew books online. Library day is one of our favorite days!"
- Peggy C.
"There is a wide selection of current books. It is my "go to" for past and present books. They have obtained books, unavailable locally, for me through the NH libraries assoc. Always helpful and pleasant. We have attended many movies, author presentations and musical events here, at no admission charge. I couldn't be prouder of our city library."
- Margaret Z.
"Super nice and clean library. Had nice quiet study rooms in the basement. Just talked to the staff and they set me up with nice place to get my work done."
- Amy R.