November 1, 2016
- Hillary Clinton: $163.13 78.8%
- Donald Trump: $43.93 21.2%
The library poll has proved a reliable predictor in several presidential elections:
- In 2008 and 2012, Barack Obama was victorious in the penny poll and in the general election.
- In 2004, John Kerry prevailed in the penny poll, and, while he lost the election, he did carry the State of New Hampshire.
In 2015 the library ran a penny poll for Nashua’s mayoral election. The results then were right on the button:
- James Donchess brought in 57.6 percent of the money, and he won the election with 56.4% of the vote.
- Chris Williams brought in 42.4% of the money, and garnered 43.6% of the actual vote.
The real winners are . . .
This year’s total proceeds of $207.06 will be donated to the Friends of the Nashua Public Library. The Friends foster public support for the library by encouraging gifts, endowments, and the donation of time and assistance by Nashuans to the library.